What is it?
A lightweight, customizable game selection screen or "launcher" to run on GNU/Linux as an alternative to Hyperspin.
Writing my own software allowed me to customize my home arcade system just they way I wanted it :)
- Supports MAME, Megadrive, Super Nintendo and Amiga seamlessly.
- Extendable via simple config file to support additional emulators.
- Options for a "Cover Flow" or grid style game selection animation.
- Video previews.
- Customizable graphics and sounds.
- "Single Game" mode to automatically boot into a selected game on startup.
- Screen effects to emulate old style CRT.
- Simple configuration file to change setting such as screen resolution, game directories and screen effects.
- Dynamic background changes to signify the platform of the currently selected game.
How is it done?
- Written in C++.
- Using SDL2 graphics/sound library.
- Ffmpeg for video previews.
- Automatically scans folders (specified in config file) for game roms.
- Supports user defined emulators (eg add N64 or Playstation games) with simple text config file.
- Scans specified folders for cutom artwork (game icons, preview videos etc.